About the Emblem
The purpose is to help the Cub Scout develop a personal relationship with Jesus. With the parents’ active assistance and participation in this program, it is hoped that the Cub will come to see Jesus as a real person and their friend.
- To support the role of the parents as the primary catechists of their children.
- To have the Scout identify Jesus as a real person and as their friend.
- To foster early family religious involvement.
- To be a stepping stone toward Parvuli Dei and the other religious emblems, when the parents are involved.
- To serve as a catalyst to draw the parents into a deeper involvement with the church, through the child.
Registered 6 and 7 year old (Tiger or Wolf) Cub Scout of Catholic Faith.
- Each Cub have their own Activity Book (Light of Christ Activity Book, Publication Date: 2003).
- The book is designed for the Cub and his parent or guardian to work together.
- Diocesan and BSA Youth Protection policies must be followed.
- Emblem Books may be obtained 1) directly from the NCCS Online Store, 2) your local BSA Scout Shop, 3) BSA Supply at “http://www.scoutstuff.org“, or 4) through most Diocesan scout committees.
- Although the book could be completed in four to six hours, the goal of earning a religious emblem is to help the Cub develop a personal relationship with Jesus, so it is suggested that steps be spread over several weeks. This will help the Cub understand that this is a long-term commitment, not a one-time project.